The RAISIN network is offering funding for collaborative exchanges for early career researchers (post-docs, UK and non-UK) and post-graduate research students (non-UK only) to allow them to spend time at a host institution to learn new techniques, methods, and insights that are not available in their home institution. Funding is eligible for visits to or from any UK institution. The duration of the exchange will typically be 5-14 days and awarded in a competitive process.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the application form before the deadline of 1st October 2022. Applications must include a proposal (maximum 2 pages, 11 pt Arial, 2 cm margins) using the template below and provide a letter of support from the host research group.
Applications must meet all of the eligibility criteria.
The award can support travel and subsistence expenses
- Maximum £135 (GBP) per day for accommodation and meal expenses.
- Maximum £250 (GBP) for travel within Europe, with increased allowance for travel outside Europe.
- Maximum £2000 (GBP) for total funding of STRM per applicant.
Applications are welcome which can provide some matching funding from other sources.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Must have a minimum duration of 5 days.
- Applicant must be an early career researcher (post-doctoral researcher) or a postgraduate researcher (PhD student). Due to ESPRC funding rules, UK PhD students are not eligible for this award.
- The applicant must be from a UK institution or the host must be a UK institution.
- The research mission must be carried out within 6 months of the announcement letter of the award.
- The application needs to be submitted before the deadline of 1st July 2022.
- The applicant must conduct research at the host institution which must be on a topic related to single ion implantation and/or its applications.
- The applicant must provide a letter of support from the host institution.
Evaluation and selection of applicants
The evaluation and selection of each application will be decided by a four-person UK selection committee, chaired by the Network Director (Steven Clowes) with membership: Margherita Mazzera (Heriot-Watt, Rare Earths), Gavin Morley (Warwick, defects in diamond) and Ben Murdin (Surrey, impurities in Si & Ge).